Is it possible to add a new student into DataManager if they are not in the active roster?
Yes, this is quick and easy to do. Once you have created your original roster in the system, either via FTP, or manual input; you'll find you might need to add a new student for testing as they come into the district.
Only Administrators can add or edit Students.
There are three methods for adding students to the testing roster.
1) Utilizing the 'Add a Walk-In Student' function found in the Proctoring Page.
2) Utilizing the Administration function. Select 'Manage Students' then 'Add Student'. When adding the student, be sure to select the correct roster for the event.
3) Utilizing the Administration function. Select 'Manage Rostering' then 'Add a student'
If the examinee exists in another roster, wether it is active or not, you may run into issues adding the same examinee into a different roster. The reason behind this is that if the two entries differ, the system behaves as if you are attempting to use an existing ID with a new student. The new student entry must be exactly how they show up in the old roster. Capitalizations, hyphens, middle names, and demographic information are all required in the new entry as it exists in the older entry. If a student's name has changed significantly from the older entry, you can correct the entry later after adding the student using this method.
Verifying the Student Entry
You can verify the student entry several different ways.
1) Utilizing the Administration funtion. Select 'Manage Students' then 'Search/Edit Student'
2) Utilizing the 'Student Lookup' function in 'Proctoring'. When utilizing this search you can search based on any criteria. In this case the rule "Less is More" applies, entering less information produces more matches. One sample is returning results for all students with last name "Brown". By only entering the last name "Brown" and selecting search all students within a selected location with the last name "Brown" will populate the list